About Tony Drexel Smith
Expert in business finance, capital structure, underwriting, due diligence and business valuations, Tony Drexel Smith serves small to medium enterprise (SME) business owners, start-up entrepreneurs, and the business capital community by being an intermediary that specializes in developing and executing professional-grade business finance documentation, venture underwriting services, and valuations.
Smith is an expert in business plan development, due-diligence, Private Placement Memorandum (PPM) supporting documentation, validation of claims, assumption worksheets, research, valuation and Pro forma development. He created the proprietary “Capital Readiness Report” (CRR Score™) to provide the investment community with an algorithmic, objective and subjective process to assess the feasibility of business funding and the success of early stage companies. Smith has also served as a deposition and trial expert witness for valuations.
Smith has worked with an annual average of Fifty (50) clients for Twenty-five (25) years in Twenty-Two (22) industries. He has specifically completed projects relating to business valuations, C-Level consulting-coaching, certified business planning, commercial bank credit applications, confidential business assessments, IB financing (Investment Banking), market planning, demographic research, market penetration modeling, Title II (Regulation D of Rule 506[c]), Title II Crowdfunding and SBA loan packaging. He is considered an industry expert in transportation, security, food & beverage, hospitality, cannabis, health & wellness, nutraceuticals, bioscience and sustainable energies.
Oversight, supervision, and leadership of the advisor services division as well as the corporate due diligence and underwriting departments.
About US Capital Global – Investment Banking
The US Capital team has provided asset management and corporate finance services to our clients for over 20 years now. Clients are now served in international locations with relationships in most global financial centers. Having one brand, US Capital Global, allows us to expand the opportunity for profitable relationships for our clients across our different business units. Our wealth management clients often have holdings in private companies or real estate, and thus can also make profitable use of our investment banking services for corporate finance. When our investment banking services result in a wealth-generating event for a client, they can take advantage of our sophisticated wealth management services for themselves and their family. This integration of client services enables an overall strategy of maintaining consistent balance across asset classes, risk profiles, and liquidity goals. US Capital Global Wealth Management, US Capital Global Investment Management, US Capital Global Securities, US Capital Global Realty, and Corporate Finance are all now under the US Capital Global brand.
US Capital Global Advisors Association
A professional network of business finance consultants including:
Accredited Investors, Angel Investors, Commercial Bankers, Broker Dealers, Investment Bankers, Subject Matter Experts and Venture Capitalists.
Tactics: A TASASS Prime™ package based a process developed from a 9-year study that includes a scoring system and a capital formation process. In order to be confirmed as TASASS Prime™ the following six items must be true:
1. All 334 attributes have been addressed.
2. References, citations, footnotes and a bibliography have been provided for substantive claims made by the enterprise.
3. A TASASS Score™ of at least 925 points has been earned, and will be updated every 90 days for the registry key number to remain valid.
4. If the enterprise has been in operation for more than 12 months, current financial statements and tax returns, prepared by a professional (Accountant and/or CPA), must be included to become “Prime.” If a start-up, or an enterprise in operation less than 12 months, then no financial statements or tax returns will be required to become “Prime.”
5. The supporting documents identified within the TASASS Prime™ have been completed, including 9 presentation material formats.
6. A Registry Key Number (QR-Code Managed) has been assigned that will validate the completion of the TASASS Prime™ with a TASASS Score™ of 925, or higher.
Situation Analysis™ with a TASASS Score™ - A Due Diligence Punch List with 334 attributes - a Score with a weighted system of 0-3 per attribute (out of a possible 1,000 points).
Certified US Capital Global Advisor Association™ - 40 hours on intensive training in a live course or web-based format with corresponding SaaS and a textbook known as "Business Capital 101"
A Direct Sales Business web-based and mobile app software-driven model that pays referral fees in a 4-uni-level model to affiliate members, US Capital Global Advisors & Certified US Capital Global Advisor Association™
Solution: US Global Capital Advisors Association has developed and provides proven standards, protocols, procedures, leadership, training, certification and revenue to business finance professionals and subject matter experts (SME's) that serve enterprises seeking capital, management consulting, and organizational development support.
The network of subject matter experts also serves capital sources with due diligence, underwriting and documentation that relates to the capitalization of enterprises.
Business Model: USGCAA sells and conducts certification courses, certifies the work product of its members, provides continuing education, maintains a database of business professionals and capital sources made available to enterprises seeking capital, and provides access to subject matter experts in accounting, legal, finance, marketing, sales, real estate, and specific industry/sector expertise. Members are paid referral fees and can build a sales team with a direct unlevel hierarchy of up to 3 levels of leadership.
Products & Services: TASASS Prime™ & TASASS Score™ SaaS; Transaction Analysis™; Situation Analysis™; Certified US Capital Global Advisor Course™; Books; Publications; Referral Service.
National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
Member since 2007
Maintain leadership in the U.S. and globally as the premier developer of training and resources for consulting professionals building their practices and expertise supporting privately owned businesses by providing specialized services that include:
- Business Valuation
- Growing Value
- Litigation Consulting
- Financial Forensics
Provide a range of high-quality resources to facilitate our consultants’ success by enhancing their efficiencies and giving them a competitive advantage.
TEAM Referral Network
Send Out Cards
The New SendOutCards
Living in a busy world makes it hard to focus on the moments that matter most. SendOutCards makes capturing these moments easier than ever. We believe in creating connection through acts of kindness, and you can do just that by creating beautiful heartfelt cards in half the time as other online editors.
Beautiful Card Designs
Select from our extensive catalog of beautifully crafted card designs, or create your own by uploading your favorite photos, and more.
Add Your Personal Touch
We want the person receiving your card to feel all of the emotion that you put into it. When we set out to build our system, we made sure to pull out all the stops so that we could help you do just that.
From uploading your own personal handwriting fonts, to our amazing card scheduling experience, we offer everything you need to make a lasting impression.
Our two-fold mission is to help millions of people act on their promptings and provide a vehicle for financial success. In less than 60 seconds, you can choose your custom card, add a personal photo, write your heartfelt, inspirational, or cheerful message and click send.
What: The Association of Blue Moon Advisors, Inc. (AOBMA) is raising $8 Million to roll-up a ten year business finance feasibility study and four related entities (An incubator, consulting company, holding company and a due diligence analysis firm).
Blue Moon Advisors - Las Vegas, Nevada 11/2015 to 12/31/2019
Chief Executive Officer
Smith provides leadership and performs the following:
• Reports to the Board of Directors all activities of the Company including sales, operations and finance – an average of Fifty (50) companies developed annually;
• Supervises the continued development of the CRR Score™;
• Assisted dozens of clients by obtaining access to capital in excess tens-of-millions in seed and early-stage capital;
• Executes the mission and vision of the company;
• Supervises a team of Ten (10) Executives and Project Managers;
• Develops and maintains relationships with a database of 2,700 including Blue Moon Advisors, capital sources, vendors, Board of Directors, and staff;
• Leads the Blue Moon business development teams by creating processes, procedures, sales tools, documentation and leadership.
US Business Incubator, Inc. - Las Vegas, Nevada 12/2014 to 12/2016
Chief Operations Officer
• Provided direct leadership and mentorship in business development, turn-around, start-up and business incubation;
• Supervised up to Thirty (30) US Business Incubator projects;
• Oversaw business plan development, financial forecasting, operations, management team development and marketing plans;
• Assisted in the financial packaging process for debt and equity;
• Focused on entrepreneurial development designed to increase business success through funding opportunities that accelerated growth and profitability.
SUMATICI, Inc. - Huntington Beach, California 07/2011 to 12/2014
• SUMATICI is an acronym for Start-Up, Management, Accounting, Tax, Investment, Consulting, Incubator;
• Engaged companies for One (1) to Twenty-Four (24) month commitments by providing leadership through a One Hundred Twenty Five (125) step process of launching a new enterprise.
SoCalBizOps, Inc. - Los Angeles, California 02/2008 to 07/2011
• SoCalBizOps, Inc. merged into SUMATICI, Inc on December 14, 2012;
• Launched a business start-up assistance and lending program called the Certified Business Plan;
• Built a team of Twenty-Seven (27) professional staff members and wrote more than One Hundred (100) business plans in under Twelve (12) months;
• During the same period SCBO processed more than $47 Million in Capital requests.
T.D. Smith & Associates - Los Angeles, California 01/1995 to 02/2008
• Private equity, commercial loan, SBA packager; professional business plan writer.
The Essential Handbook for Small Businesses ISBN# 978-0-9840365-0-9 in 2011.
The Business Development Directory in 2008 with the federally funded Workforce Investment Board.
Completed a 10-year study of 300 companies seeking capital and published the CRR Score™ White Paper in January 2018.
Currently completing “Business Capital 101.”
Smith is a Veteran of Foreign Wars, USMC 1988 – 1993.
He was assigned to Operation Desert Shield/Storm in August 1990.
He earned numerous commendations, awards, ribbons and medals including Meritorious Promotions and a Navy Achievement Medal.
Family & Community
Graduate of the University of La Verne with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration with Cum Laude Honors.
Completed more than a dozen professional licenses and certificates, including:
Klemmer and Associates
California Real Estate Licensed
California Department of Insurance
Finance Industry Regulatory Authority (Previous: Series 6, 63, 82. Current: 2019 new SIE exam). BrokerCheck verification
Summary of Expertise
• Due Diligence
• Business Analysis
• Business Valuation
• Expert Witness
• Travel & Expenses
• Market Feasibility
• Confidential Business Assessment
• Certified Business Plan™
• Capital Readiness Report™
• Situation Analysis
• Business Consulting
Ten Bits of Trivia
- While a Business administration student at the University Of La Verne, Tony earned elective credits by attending the Rio Hondo College (Whittier California) Fire Technology program having completed multiple courses in Fire Science and served as a volunteer in training including minor association with Alhambra, Los Angeles, Santa Fe Springs and South Pasadena Fire Departments.
- Finished the Los Angeles Marathon in 2003 with no preparation or training in 6 hours.
- By age 28 had fathered five children, becoming an empty nester at the young age of 46
- Learned American Sign Language at age 19
- Owned his first restaurant at age 23
- Scariest moments of my life were when three of my sons each experienced potentially life-ending events: Our oldest son drown as a toddler, fortunately he was revived, is now 30 years old, married raising his own child; Our middle son was hit by a car while on his bicycle coming home from middle school at age 13, while his femur was snapped, he survived; Our youngest son has a bee allergy and during football practice did not know a bee was inside his shoulder pads and had stung him, he passed out on the field and I carried him to my car, to the fire station and got him an epi-pen shot just in time.
- If you’d asked me at age 10 what I was going to so when I grow up I would have said a professional soccer player (Goalie) – played from age 5 to 13.
- Happiest moments in our adult lives were when my wife and I watched our children excel in sports. Our daughters both played on champion ship teams (Water Polo and Field Hockey). Our boys played soccer and football and all of them enjoyed being on championship teams.
- Upon retirement I plan to publish a series of books based on a character named Chase Elton who is an undercover business due diligence operative.
- Best night in Las Vegas: Chefs table at Delmonico’s with Glenmorangie Highland Single Malt extremely rare 18-year followed by a Cohiba Robusto