About Tony Drexel Smith
Expert in business finance, capital structure, underwriting, due diligence and business valuations, Tony Drexel Smith serves small to medium enterprise (SME) business owners, start-up entrepreneurs, and the business capital community by being an intermediary that specializes in developing and executing professional-grade business finance documentation, venture underwriting services, and valuations.
Smith is an expert in business plan development, due-diligence, Private Placement Memorandum (PPM) supporting documentation, validation of claims, assumption worksheets, research, valuation and Pro forma development. He created a proprietary method to provide the investment community with an algorithmic, objective and subjective process to assess the feasibility of business funding and the success of early stage companies. Smith has also served as a deposition and trial expert witness for valuations.
Smith has worked with an annual average of Fifty (50) clients for Twenty-five (25) years in Twenty-Two (22) industries. He has specifically completed projects relating to business valuations, C-Level consulting-coaching, certified business planning, commercial bank credit applications, confidential business assessments, IB financing (Investment Banking), market planning, demographic research, market penetration modeling, Title II (Regulation D of Rule 506[c]), Title II Crowdfunding and SBA loan packaging. He is considered an industry expert in transportation, security, food & beverage, hospitality, cannabis, health & wellness, nutraceuticals, bioscience and sustainable energies.
Products & Services
- Business Finance Consulting
- Business Finance Training & Instruction
- Business Plan Development
- Business Valuation Preparation
- Capital Formation Strategy
- Capital Probability Matrix
- Pro Forma Forecast Development
- Presentation Decks
- Due Diligence Report with Detailed Score
- Speaking Engagements with Books & Publications
- Certified Advisor Course
What is A Due Diligence Report with a Detailed Score?
Since 2011, the Intellectual Property has proven effective in providing an industry agnostic due diligence and presentation process that identifies the most feasible capital type and amount for enterprises seeking funds to start, build, grow or acquire a business. Timing is critical: Enterprises need capital to restart the economy in an unprecedented time in world history.
A Due Diligence Report with a detailed score has proven through 10-years of research. It takes into account use of funds, ability to repay, stage of development, leadership experience, due diligence, financial analysis with 334 due diligence punch list items.
We serve enterprises with analysis of the most feasible capital for the situation, industry, stage of development, qualification, amount and ability to provide a return on investment. Our goal is to provide a consistent, standardized process for packaging and presenting capitalization opportunities. The fulfillment of our Mission is based on a proprietary due diligence and presentation process.
Millions of small and medium sized enterprises require access to capital with no industry standardized process for selecting or pursuing the best option requiring assistance from trained, accomplished professionals that understand all capital markets available, supported with consulting, document preparation, and the processes required to successfully obtain needed capital. The record high for small business loan approvals in 2019 was 27%.
The other 73% will seek access to alternative capital. Across American, there are 709,750 business consultants with no consistent, standardized process for identifying and presenting option(s) that best fit the situation, industry, stage, qualification and timing of each unique enterprise, The industry requires a consistent, measurable system with deliverables to the enterprises they serve.
US Capital Global Partners - Las Vegas, Nevada 12/2019 to 04 /2021
- Leader of the Las Vegas Office
- Oversight, supervision and leadership of the advisor services division
- Managing Director of due diligence and underwriting departments
- Direct supervision of business valuation services
- Supervise the continued development of the Transaction Questionnaire and fintech due diligence processes.
Blue Moon Advisors - Las Vegas, Nevada 11/2015 to 12/31/2019
Chief Executive Officer
Smith provides leadership and performs the following:
• Reports to the Board of Directors all activities of the Company including sales, operations and finance – an average of Fifty (50) companies developed annually;
• Supervises the continued development of the CRR Score™;
• Assisted dozens of clients by obtaining access to capital in excess tens-of-millions in seed and early-stage capital;
• Executes the mission and vision of the company;
• Supervises a team of Ten (10) Executives and Project Managers;
• Develops and maintains relationships with a database of 2,700 including Blue Moon Advisors, capital sources, vendors, Board of Directors, and staff;
• Leads the Blue Moon business development teams by creating processes, procedures, sales tools, documentation and leadership.
US Business Incubator, Inc. - Las Vegas, Nevada 12/2014 to 12/2016
Chief Operations Officer
• Provided direct leadership and mentorship in business development, turn-around, start-up and business incubation;
• Supervised up to Thirty (30) US Business Incubator projects;
• Oversaw business plan development, financial forecasting, operations, management team development and marketing plans;
• Assisted in the financial packaging process for debt and equity;
• Focused on entrepreneurial development designed to increase business success through funding opportunities that accelerated growth and profitability.
SUMATICI, Inc. - Huntington Beach, California 07/2011 to 12/2014
• SUMATICI is an acronym for Start-Up, Management, Accounting, Tax, Investment, Consulting, Incubator;
• Engaged companies for One (1) to Twenty-Four (24) month commitments by providing leadership through a One Hundred Twenty Five (125) step process of launching a new enterprise.
SoCalBizOps, Inc. - Los Angeles, California 02/2008 to 07/2011
• SoCalBizOps, Inc. merged into SUMATICI, Inc on December 14, 2012;
• Launched a business start-up assistance and lending program called the Certified Business Plan;
• Built a team of Twenty-Seven (27) professional staff members and wrote more than One Hundred (100) business plans in under Twelve (12) months;
• During the same period SCBO processed more than $47 Million in Capital requests.
T.D. Smith & Associates - Los Angeles, California 01/1995 to 02/2008
• Private equity, commercial loan, SBA packager; professional business plan writer.
The Essential Handbook for Small Businesses in 2011 (ISBN# 978-0-9840365-0-9)
The Business Development Directory in 2008 with the federally funded Workforce Investment Board.
Completed a 10-year study of 300 companies seeking capital and published the TASASS™ White Paper in January 2018.
Currently completing “Business Capital 101.”
Smith is a Veteran of Foreign Wars, USMC 1988 – 1993.
He was assigned to Operation Desert Shield/Storm in August 1990.
He earned numerous commendations, awards, ribbons and medals including Meritorious Promotions and a Navy Achievement Medal.
Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron 11 (MALS-11)
Marine Aviation Logistics Group 11 (MAG-11)
MOS 6511 Aviation Ordnance
Family & Community
Graduate of the University of La Verne with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration with Cum Laude Honors.
Completed more than a dozen professional licenses and certificates, including:
Klemmer and Associates
California Real Estate Licensed
California Department of Insurance
Finance Industry Regulatory Authority (Previous: Series 6, 63, 82. Current: 2019 new SIE exam). BrokerCheck verification
Summary of Expertise
• Due Diligence
• Business Analysis
• Business Valuation
• Expert Witness
• Travel & Expenses
• Market Feasibility
• Confidential Business Assessment
• Certified Business Plan™
• Due Diligence Report with detailed scoring
• Business Consulting
Ten Bits of Trivia
- While a Business administration student at the University Of La Verne, Tony earned elective credits by attending the Rio Hondo College (Whittier California) Fire Technology program having completed multiple courses in Fire Science and served as a volunteer in training including minor association with Alhambra, Los Angeles, Santa Fe Springs and South Pasadena Fire Departments.
- Finished the Los Angeles Marathon in 2003 with no preparation or training in 6 hours.
- By age 28 had fathered five children, becoming an empty nester at the young age of 46
- Learned American Sign Language at age 19
- Owned his first restaurant at age 23
- Scariest moments of my life were when three of my sons each experienced potentially life-ending events: Our oldest son drown as a toddler, fortunately he was revived, is now 30 years old, married raising his own child; Our middle son was hit by a car while on his bicycle coming home from middle school at age 13, while his femur was snapped, he survived; Our youngest son has a bee allergy and during football practice did not know a bee was inside his shoulder pads and had stung him, he passed out on the field and I carried him to my car, to the fire station and got him an epi-pen shot just in time.
- If you’d asked me at age 10 what I was going to so when I grow up I would have said a professional soccer player (Goalie) – played from age 5 to 13.
- Happiest moments in our adult lives were when my wife and I watched our children excel in sports. Our daughters both played on champion ship teams (Water Polo and Field Hockey). Our boys played soccer and football and all of them enjoyed being on championship teams.
- Upon retirement I plan to publish a series of books based on a character named Chase Elton who is an undercover business due diligence operative.
- Best night in Las Vegas: Chefs table at Delmonico’s with Glenmorangie Highland Single Malt extremely rare 18-year followed by a Cohiba Robusto
8400 W. Sunset Rd #300
Las Vegas, NV 89121